SUBJECT AND OBJECT PRONOUNS




SUBJECT AND OBJECT PRONOUNS


Subject pronoun:
The subject of a sentence is the person or thing that perform the action. The subject pronoun is the one that replace the subject of a sentence.  

Examples: 

-The cat is running fast.
- It is running fast. 

-Marie brought food for dinner. 
-She brought food for dinner. 

Object pronoun:
Is a word that replaces the noun in a sentence, in this case is the object of a sentence that is affected by the subject.

Examples: 
- Jamie took Lilly to school 
- Jamie took HER to school

- Barb loves Alex and John
- Barb loves them



LETS PRACTICE!

Part 1
In the gap after the sentence, write if you found subject or object pronoun.

  1. She likes pop music and go to the cinema.___________
  2. They used to play soccer._______________
  3. Clay gave them some food.__________________
  4. Dave wants to go out with her.________________
  5. He bring some cookies for Carrie._______________
  6. We went to the theater last night._______________
  7. Frank showed the posters to them._______________
  8. Karen saw some elephants with him.______________
  9. We started the school on 1984._________________
  10.  Joe broke it in the morning.___________
Part 2
Complete each sentence with the subject pronoun.
  1. (The bird)______ flew away.
  2. (Anna and Gabriel)_____ are good friends.
  3. (Daniel and Laura)_____ can make it ourselves.
  4. (Nancy)______ loves share time with her daughter.
  5. (Hannah)______ do like ride my bycicle.
  6. (Ronnie)______went to his mother's house.
  7. (Justin and Megan)_____ are from a rich family.
  8. (The lion)______ ate fresh meat in the afternoon.
  9. (Melissa)______ wear glasses all the time.
  10. (Bruce)________doesn't like to travel by plane.
Part 3


READING PART

1.Underline the subject pronouns of the conversation.

-What's that? 
-Oh, it's a photo of my family. Look, she's my Mum. 
-Oh yeah, I know her. Who's he? 
-He's my brother, everybody likes him. Look, that's my father. 
-Wow, he looks like you. And look at the big dog! 
-Yeah, he's really big. 
-He looks like you!

2. Underline the object pronouns of the conversation.


-Do you know Andy?

-Sure, he's in my class, I study with him. Why?
-Oh, nothing. I want him to help me, that's all.
-I have his 'phone number. Call him!
-Ok, thanks!



QUIZ



1. My brother is a college student and ... will graduate next year.
   
   
   
2.  ... will arrive at the airport at 7 pm tonight.
   
   
   
3. After you meet ... at the airport, please take them to the hotel.
   
   
   
4. I have a problem with Question 4. Could you please help ... ?
   
   
   

5. My friends and I are going to a movie. Would you like to join ... ?
   
   
   

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (Cindy and Lucas)

Modal Verbs

adjetives